Seabrook was originally inhabited by the Stono Indians in 1666 by British Lt. Col Robert Sanford who was exploring in royal service to King Charles II settled the area. During the American Revolution the area was used by the British and Hessian as a staging area. In 1816 the island was sold to William Seabrook who used the island to grow cotton.
In 1970 the island was sold to developers who planned a private residential community. In 2005 Seabrook Island membership became mandatory on Seabrook which provides numerous activity options to its guests. 25 miles from downtown Charleston,
Seabrook is a barrier island that extends along the Atlantic shoreline north to the Kiawah River. The area is 7 square miles with 3 miles of beach and is operated as a beach and golf resort with tennis, scheduled activities and Bohicket Marina offers boating and fishing. Seabrook is one of the few beach locations in S. Carolina that offers Horseback riding in addition to their resort amenities.
[resortpro-search-filter location_area_name=’Seabrook Island’]